Animated corpse head of Prespos, son of Prespos
Animated corpse head of Valkor, the King’s Guard
Eleint 16, 1358 DR
Encounter 1: 1 Mohrg in a room flooding with blood
Encounter 2: 5 Werewolves
Encounter 3: 1 Boneclaw and 2 Bhaal Rogues (reskinned Xill)
Encounter 4: 8 Vampire Spawn, 2 Ambush Drakes and the Queen of the Shadowhawks (she fled)
Azurite (6 gp)
Blue Quartz (14 gp)
Golden Yellow Topaz (500 gp)
Rich Purple Corundum (1000 gp)
White Pearl (90 gp)
White Pearl (100 gp)
Citrine (40 gp)
Rhodochrosite (10 gp)
Rhodochrosite (10 gp)
Rhodochrosite (10 gp)
Rose Quartz (50 gp)
Jasper (80 gp)
Gilded Wooden Miniature (of a Tower) inlaid with Silver (600 gp)
Platinum Cloth Choker (700 gp)
Small Bag of Spices (80 gp)
Ceramic Miniature (of a Ship) (90 gp)
Sable Sash set with Violet Garnet (1000 gp)
Arcane Scroll – Continual Flame (200 gp), Knock (150 gp)
Arcane Scroll – Jump (25 gp), Obscuring Mist (25 gp)
Divine Scroll – Virtue (12 gp 5 sp), Magic Fang (25 gp), Hold Person (150 gp)
Divine Scroll – Cure Moderate Wounds (200 gp)
Potion of Pass without Trace (50 gp)
Potion of Cat’s Grace (300 gp)
Potion of Levitate (300 gp)
Wand of Color Spray (37 of 50 charges) (555 gp)
Breastplate+1 (1350 gp)
Buckler+2 (4165 gp)
Nunchaku+1 (2302 gp)
Message in a broken black wax seal
- You decide to rest, barricading yourselves in the tomb of lord Ellard. You emerge from the stone door and brave the dark depths further.
- You encounter a Mohrg, a vile murderous undead servant of Bhaal, in a long hallway that begins to rapidly fill with blood. Reif works to disable the trap while Kaldur and Dorn fight the undead creature.
- You enter a room filled with a large statue of a wolf-like beast. Lying in wait are five werewolves that spring to attack. unfortunately for them, Reif had the drop on them. They are immolated in an instant by a massive fireball. You interrogate the lone survivor and learn that the horn of Veymar is no longer here. It has been taken west to the city of Berdusk.
- You explore store rooms and a large well appointed bed chamber and gather many valuable goods.
- You enter a dining hall. Weapons are laid out on a side table and many of the plates still contain unrotted food. The assassins were here very recently and they left in a hurry. They left their undead servants behind to fight you. You are attacked by a boneclaw and two undead assassins twisted and corrupted by Bhaal.
- Beyond the dining hall, you find a secluded entrance to the crypts below. In the crypt you find eight coffins arranged in a circle. You open one and find a vampire spawn in a deep slumber. You find more in other coffins. You kill as many as you can before they can wake but you are still attacked by many. You are winning the battle when a beautiful vampire woman emerges from the dark passage beyond. She is accompanied by two drakes and join the battle. Using her will to control and dominate you you make strange decisions and fight each other briefly before Dorn uses the power of Torm to dispel her powers. She flees when her servants are slain.
- You find her sarcophagus and that of her mate, Lord Salazzar. In Lord Sallazar’s you find a large sum of gold and contract with a broken black wax seal that bears this mysterious symbol:
- The contract orders the Shadowhawk Assassins to unleash the demon in the Iron Flask in the mage’s guild. When the mages are dead or gone, they are to find and retrieve the relic of the mage Hestan and deliver it to … Markuth Hilmaster.
- You find one last room in the dungeon, the torture chamber. There are five recently dead corpses inside. Using your magic to speak with dead you learn that one of them was a mage from the guild named Prespos, son of Prespos. He tells you of the Shadowhawk assassin attack and how they wanted to know the location of the relic of Hestan. From him you also learn that Salazzar is currently headed for the monastery of Ukisor to retrieve the Fang, the second artifact in the Raiment of the Dragon King.
- You question Valkor, one of the king’s guards. He was taken here when the king was, two days ago. He says he saw them take the king into the passage beyond the torture chamber. You explore it and find a tunnel winding down to a subterranean river deep beneath the city. He believes that the king is still alive.
- With this information Kaldur and Dorn proceed at all haste to the palace to find Lynn. Reif goes to find Prespos to relay his son’s dying words.
- Reif learns much from a group of tavern goers. Prince Volhym has declared himself king and has arrested Kole Ryttermarg and Jarl Lynn Kodhammer for treason. Warrants have been issued for the arrest of her barons. The Zhents have fled the city, though many are dead, and the Pereghost slayed scores of city guardsmen in the fighting. Many lords loyal to Kole Rytermarg have also fled. Many in the city are confused and outrage at the arrest of Kole.
- Kaldur and Dorn, unwittingly walked into a trapped set by the city watch. Thinking they were being taken to see Lynn, they were led into the dungeons and locked away, under arrest for conspiracy.