Marpenoth 21-30, 1358 DR
Encounter 1: Court Wizard of House Jattelan, Wyvern, Shadow Worm, 15 house guards
Encounter 2: Rigalius, Fire Giant Champion of House Jattelan, 15 house guards
- Sold the Iron Flask for 130,000 GP and bought a bunch of gear (see spreadsheet for details)
- Items taken from the mage and not yet identified (wand, 2 scrolls, scepter, mask, chain shirt, ring)
- Reif finds Rorin Watershed and discreetly brings him to the docks. Rorin is nervous but you convince him to trade for the Iron Flask. He tells you that it is an amazing prize, one of five from the ancient kingdom of Netheril. You trade throughout the day and into the evening.
- As Rorin leaves, Captain Ratargan is nowhere to be found. It is then that you hear a great commotion on the dock. The Jattelan house guard is approaching! They are led by a mage riding on a massive wyvern. He lands on the deck of the Cornelia and summons a massive shadow worm. It is a pitched battle but you win the day.
- Then the second wave of Jattelan troops attack. They are led by Rigalius, the fire giant. He lobs great boulders at the ship. Reif casts water breathing on everyone and Kaldur jumps into the water with Kole Ryttermarg. Reif stays behind to fight off the Jattelans and kills many with fire. The fire giant advances onto the deck of the ship and Logan faces off against him. With the help of Kaldur he manages to fight him and escape, sinking the Cornelia in the process.
- You make your way across the river and into the woods. From there you trek through the trackless Reaching Wood until you reach Blackhill Motte after eight days in the wilderness.