Uktar 15 – Nightal 7, 1358 DR
Encounter 1: 12 Dretches, 6 Shadows, 6 Vargouilles, 2 Babau, 1 Black Pudding and a Patridge in a Pear Tree
GAIN A FEAT!
10 gem stones found in a compartment in the high king’s tomb worth 25,000 gp
3 potions of greater restoration
1 potion of healing
- The black corruption rises from the ichor. It is an entity of immense size. Its incorporeal spawn pour from its body as it calls forth demonic entities that swarm in from the tunnels beyond. You are greatly outnumbered but you manage to defeat the black corruption and its minions.
- The ichor begins to drain and clarify. Beneath the draining pool you find the stone sarcophagus of the High King of the Woeden, Ulvjatten, the Great Wolf. You open it to find the remains have been disturbed. You learn from the carved stone reliefs that the Raiment of the Dragon King was once worn and carried by him and he was buried with it. Thousands of years ago the High Woeden King Ulvjatten “The Great Wolf”, used the raiment to incite a rage of dragons to defeat the giant Direhelm, who ruled the Vale from the fortress of Darkhold. This defeat of the giants ushered in a new era where the Vale was ruled by man.
- Ian discovers a hidden cache containing a small fortune’s worth of gems.
- With the foul pool drained, Dorn heals the wounded Elderfeyne with divine magic and harvests some of its roots.
- You leave the tomb. The shepherd is confused to see you, almost as if it had forgotten that it has let you in. You learn that the shepherd cannot create new memories. The last thing it remembers was being attacked by a lich and you discern that this happened nearly three hundred years ago. The lich entered the tomb.
- You return to Blackhill Motte, brew potions from the elderfeyne and restore Kole Ryttermarg to health.
Sadly, Lynn’s curse of undeath cannot be restored by the roots of the Elderfeyne. Weeping, she flies into the forest.
- With Kole restored, you help him to liberate the village of Redwater, jail the sheriff and put the Stonegave brothers in charge. Shortly after being jailed, the sheriff dies under mysterious circumstances.
- With the force awakened and the rebellion shored up by a new hope you make the long journey across the Vale to combat the phantom menace in the Sunset Mountains.