Mirtul 28-29, 1358 DR.
Encounter 1: 8 lizard men, 1 giant crocodile
- Traveled to Scornubel on your way to Krakjelm to stop the Black Stag from unleashing Balariax.
- Found an army encamped around the city, Margrave Hyval Jattelan has called his banners and means to march north in the defense of the realm. He leaves on the morrow.
- While passing by the numerous camp followers and merchants hawking their wares a large wagon rolls up. A man in fine red and black robes, directing his men about the wagon, pauses quizzically and then exclaims. He is Rorin Watershed, the merchant you saved from the goblin warren. He is eager to repay his life debt and offers to show the characters around town and put them up at the finest inn.
- You go to eat at the Dusty Hoof Inn. You discuss many things and he arranges for you to meet with a learned sage to discuss the ways of magic and a to join him to meet a lord of Scornubel at the fighting pits. Rorin speaks of a curiosity in the fighting pits, a deranged old man that is unbeatable. He was found by the Highwall trading coster naked in a field southeast of Scornubel.
- Meet with Sage Alakar and buy magic items.
- Join Rorin for dinner and then he goes by the Nightshade brothel, you do not partake.
- Rorin is sending a caravan west on the morrow and would be glad to have you travel with his coster.
- Go the fighting pits. Find, as you suspected, that the deranged old man is Drey Guldrhein, the steel dragon. He has forgotten that he is a dragon. He defeats a gargantuan spider unarmed single handed.
- Logan spots two Shadowhawk assassins in the crowd. Logan is looking for vengeance and answers.
- After his foe is vanquished, he sniffs the air and jumps out of the fighting pits to retrieve his treasure that Kaldur is holding. Kaldur does not resist. He reaches into the bag of holding and retrieves the chime of opening. He rings out until all the charges are spent. The pit fills with monsters.
- Drey dives through the crowd and collapses the box that the great merchant Highwall is seated in. He falls in the pit with some of his retainers.
- Drey then runs out of the pit through one of the now opened gates.
- Kaldur springs in action. He jumps into the pit and runs after Drey. Ian and Dorn jump fight the lizardmen that are attacking – and killing – lord highwall and his entourage. Logan viciously attacks the Shadowhawks.
- Logan slays one and incapacitates and interrogates the other. He learns the location of Salazzar, the leader of the Shadowhawks. He is masquerading as the high priest of Helm, Endrey, in Hill’s Edge.
- Ian and Dorn fight off the lizardmen and the giant crocodile and save the merchant lord highwall, who is very grateful.
- Kaldur tries his best to get Drey to remember who he is but his mind is too far gone. Drey runs out of an iron gate after Kaldur helps him break through it. He cuts himself badly and Kaldur collects the blood.
- You leave the pits out through the tunnel to escape any potential entanglements with the guards and regroup.