Eleint 15, 1358 DR
Encounter 1: Escaping from the Zhents
Encounter 2: Sewer Rats (6 giant rats and one rat that turned into a man)
Encounter 3: The Tunnel Gauntlet (4 Shadowhawk assassins, one of which had fangs and tried to glamour you)
- You escape from the Zhent compound via a hole in the dome of the roof. The Zhent guards discover that Semmemon is dead and raise the alarm.
- You make your way to the south end of town and find the graveyard. On your way there you hear every bell in the city of a thousand spires ringing out in alarm.
- You find the graveyard and there are two mausoleums. One belonging to House Bandraddon (Black Destrier), another to House Tarvel (Dead Tree).
- You open the mausoleum of House Bandraddon. It has been trapped with a powerful explosive which injures you and attracts a number of the townspeople.
- You learn from the townspeople that the king is missing since last night. This is the cause for the bells.
- You enter the mausoleum of House Tarvel and find a hidden entrance to the Shadowhawk clan’s underground lair.
- You fight assassins in the shadows. Many appear twisted. Some can change form, others possess fangs and an ability to glamour. Carved into the skin of some are the swirling blood droplets around a central skull that is the symbol of Bhaal, the Lord of Murder.
- You make your way further and further into the maze-like tunnels of the complex and come upon a room that contains a pile of rags in the center of it. Around it in a sequence are seven small boxes. Each emanate magic auras. Reif begins to investigate the magical nature of the room and the sequence of boxes.