Eleint 15, 1358 DR
Encounter 1: The Mist Servant bestowing boons
Encounter 2: Two of Ellard’s Vampire Spawn
Encounter 3: Ellard Tarvel (Vampire Fighter/Wizard) and his three vampire spawn
GAIN A FEAT!
- Clockwork Behir (3000 gp) made for the Noble House of Sull
- 5000 sp and 3000 gp in crates (newly minted coins of the realm)
- 6000 gps worth of old coins, gems and jewelry from the vampires tomb
- Ring of Improved Jumping
- Shifter’s Sorrow
- Rod of Metamagic – Silent Spell
- Iron Flask
- Wand of Fireballs
- You work with the puzzle of the magic boxes and learn that the school of magic of the last box will cause the creature made of mist to grant you a different magical boon from that school that works in that room.
Divination: it answers a question
Evocation: Leomund’s Tiny Hut
Enchantment: Restful Sleep
Illusion: Invisibility Sphere
Conjuration: Cure Serious Wounds
Necromancy: The servant dissipates
- There are signs in the room that this is the lair of some great wolf-like creature.
- In one corner of the room you find a chest that contains a clockwork behir with a maker’s mark saying it was the property of house Sull. Ian examines it and determines that the creatures forked tongue is a key, but to what door?
- You make your way through the tunnels and uncover a passage guarded by vampire spawn which attack you. You dispatch them with holy might, magic power, brute strength and cunning.
- At the end of this tunnel you find a great stone door, the tomb of Ellard Tarvel, dead these 200 years. On the door is a winding , intricate carving of a many-legged behir. Using the key, the stone door rolls open. The stench of age and rot permeates the room when it does.
- Inside a stone sarcophagus rests on a dais surrounded by offerings and treasures. You remove the lid. Inside rests Lord Ellard Tarvel, but he doesn’t rest for long.
- Lord Tarvel and his servants attack with terrible ferocity. It is a pitched battle, with devastating damage done to both sides. The lord unleashes a fireball which sets the room on fire and damages much of his treasures.
- Then Ahbinav, summons the power of Torm and his sword bursts into flames. It grows in brightness until it is a blinding, blistering ray of divine sunlight. Ellard shrieks in agony. He flees the sunlight and nearly escapes, if it were not for the great efforts of the party. Finally Ahbinav swings his sword, cutting into the smoldering, desiccated flesh of lord Ellard reducing him to smoking ash and boiling blood in a fiery instant. The day is won.