Nightal 12-13, 1358 DR
Encounter 1: A huge pack of gnolls and a Remorhaz…and a chicken
Encounter 2: Eight Warforged Assassins and Lynn Kodhammer
Encounter 3: Six Vampire Spawn, Salazzar Gravenor and his Bride
GAIN A FEAT OR AN ATTRIBUTE POINT!
The Fang of Ukisor (Ghost Touch Short Sword +5, +2d6 vs Good, Grants wielder Darkvision 60’, cast Darkness at will, secretes a dose of dragon bile once per day – contact DC 26, Damage: STR 3d6/0)
- You cautiously pass by the pair of remorhaz, calmed temporarily by the giant’s blood, and pass through a door way at the south end of the chamber. Beyond it you find a room around a great shaft in the ceiling. It was once for an elevator and it extends up some three hundred feet into the sheer rock of the mountain.
- The gnolls are in hot pursuit, not only from the remorhaz chamber but from other corridors in the complex. Seeing that you will soon be overrun, you make a fighting retreat for the shaft but climbing it will not be easy or quick. As you make your way up a remorhaz follows you threatening to swallow you hole. You cram a bead of force down the chicken’s throat and send it hurtling into the mouth of the remorhaz. It chomps down and with a sudden carnage laden explosion, its head rips apart and is splattered and wedged against the four walls of the chamber. You have slain the creature instantly and blocked further pursuit. You set pitons and climb up.
- You emerge from the tunnel into a wide semi-circular room. The western side opens to an opening in the cliff face. Rope bridges extend across the chasm into the upper halls beyond. Ian detects a familiar sent. Dragons. To the east is a single door. You make camp and after resting decide to take the door to the east.
- You open the door. The floor of the room beyond has been eroded away by glacial melt water. You wade through the floating chunks of ice toward the darkness of the other side. “Welcome brother.” says a cold, unfamiliar voice from the darkness. Before you are eight entities clothed in the garb of the Shadowhawks. They speak to Ian and identify themselves as his lost brothers, warforged from the same ship. They were not so lucky as he. They were collected by Markuth long ago when the Woeden invaded and serve him now. They have worked for him all this time as spies, informants and assassins. They defend Salazzar now and have these several months he has spent at the monastery.
- Another figure appears from the darkness. It is Lynn. With all her strength she lashes out at the warforged. Battle is joined and the warforged are defeated. Ian collects what he can of them to see if they can be saved. Lynn tells you all she can about Salazzar and how he is prepared to defeat you. Ian hands her his ghulra to aid in resisting the will of Salazzar. But time grows short. You devise a plan of attack.
- Wading into the freezing water you go through a tunnel in the rocks to Salazzar’s room beyond. You have the element of surprise. You lob the vial of universal solvent at him and with a scream he is destroyed in an instant, but his servants remain. His bride attacks but you are victorious. Lynn joins you after the battle. She has been restored to life!
- You find the Fang of Ukisor, the only thing that remains where Salazzar once stood. The hilt is a carved dragon tooth and the blade of some metal completely unknown to you. Lynn tells you the fang was from one of the many mouths of the goddess Tiamat.
- Lynn goes on to tell you that King Liamund has been kept here these past months under guard by Salazzar and his men. She does not know where he is, but she believes that he was taken to the western halls. In those halls is the lair of the white dragon Ciraxis, who she believes was called there by the Claw of Boareskyr.