Kaldur Crannblack (Jon)
Dorn Marsk (Craig)
Kythorn 4, 1358 DR.
The Forest of Wyrms
Encounter 1: Statue of Mystra (Gargantuan Animated Object)
Encounter 2: Chain Lightning Trap
Encounter 3: 3 Mimics
Encounter 4: Teleportation Trap
Encounter 5: 6 Shocker lizards
Encounter 6: Symbol of Panic Trap
Encounter 7: 3 Barghests
Encounter 8: Rejuvenating Fountain
Gain a feat!
1400 gp (ancient Calimshani gold coins)
900 gp Blue Sapphire gemstone
Arcane Scroll (Hold Portal)
Arcane Scroll (Pyrotechnics, Whispering Wind)
Divine Scroll (Bless Water)
Magic Necklace (hot to touch, unidentified)
50 gp assorted gold coins, covered in mimic goo
- The Watershed caravan shows up.
- Alecto negotiates passage for him and the pilgrims to Elturel by way of Soubar with the Watershed trading coster.
- Dorn tasks Brother Maynard as part of his penance to carry a letter to Soubar. The letter stated:
To the attention of Rickard Harrowgate, Cardinal of Ilmater. Copies to Harron Blackhelm, Knight Captain of the Companions of the Noble Heart, Phineas Karlaunt, Knight Master of the Trueblades of Torm, by the hand of Dorn Marsk, Trueblade Initiate.
I write to you in haste, as the situation demands. I fear I do not have time to relate the full tale of my experience, but please forgive my brevity.
I have discovered a great and terrible perversion amongst the priesthood of Ilmater, where Bishop Bandraddon of Haven Hill has engaged in mass torture-murder of the local Woeden inhabitants. I know not whether it was madness or depravity that drove him, but his continued insistence upon his damned course promised certain doom for both him and his flock. Regrettably, I was forced to end him and his heresy before his disaster fully came to pass. I go now to confront the greater evil on Krakjelm, the wyrm Balariax. I beg you indulgence for the brevity.
- You and the Krannblacks make for the summit of Krakjelm which is now belching smoke and flame and surrounded by a powerful lightning storm. At the top you find fifty ulvengard (the Great Wolf’s warrior elite) led by Markuth Hilmaster. They are guarding the entrance to the Prison of Balariax, a dungeon constructed by Drey Guldrhein to stop anyone without the key from freeing him.
- After debating a frontal assault, you opt to use a bag of holding and an invisibility sphere scroll to sneak in, avoiding the warriors.
- In the prison of Balariax you encounter magical traps and foes set to bar your path. After besting several perils of the dungeon, Kaldur, guided by some intuition, searches and finds a secret door to the lair of Balariax.
- Ahbinav drinks from the water of an enchanted fountain that restores his strength and makes him three years younger.
- Blistering heat and sulfurous stench fills the crooked and winding stairwell as you descend into the smoke filled heart of the mountain.