Commander Markuth Hilmaster (Zhent Officer)
High Mother Selona Caseldown (High Priestess of the Cry of Joy Temple)
Ser Ser Davros Falconsflight (Trueblade Knight of Torm, deceased)
Lady Lynn Kodhammer (Youngest child and only daughter of Kriger Kodhammer)
Lord Baron Kriger Kodhammer (Elderly Baron of Redwater)
Ser Jarem Highwall (Lord Kodhammer’s seneschal)
Friar Friar Aramar Blackroot (monk of Ilmater, beekeeper and drunk)
Lucas Gravenor brother of Logan Gravenor. Bhaal assassin.
Greengrass (Feast Day, First Day of Spring), 1358 DR.
The Town of Hill’s Edge
Encounter 1: 8 Shadowhawk Assassins (Orcs) + Lucas Gravenor, slayed 6 assassins
extremely sharp, strange shard from the metal cask in the crater
6 vials of poison
75 arrows in 6 quivers
Tome of [[St. Omicidio]] (contains map to the hidden fortress monastery of Ukisor)
Scrolls from Markuth Hilmaster’s desk containing coded messages
Ser Davros’ greatsword Durendal
Ser Davros’ backpack (adventurer’s kit)
Ser Davros’ hymnal of Torm
Ser Davros’ scroll case containing two scrolls with coded messages
- Ahbinav meets with Markuth to forge a trade agreement between the Zhents of Hill’s Edge and the Torm church in Calimshan. His true purpose was to learn more about the Zhents and how they operate. The meeting goes well enough and Markuth is a gracious host, but Ahbinav can’t help but shake the feeling that Markuth is hiding something.
- Trueblade Initiate Dorn Marsk and his master Ser Davros limp into town. Davros, nearly at the point of collapse, sends Dorn to find the Cry of Joy. Davros passes out in the Clanking Tankard Inn.
- Kaldur, traveling through the Reaching Wood trying to find any sign of his kinsmen, comes across a strange crater. It contains charred, scattered, broken and bent wood, metal and pottery as well as a largely intact metal cask that has been forced open from the inside. After cutting himself badly on the cask, he removed a large shard from it.
- Ian Hu comes to while in mid-stride on the road headed east toward Hill’s Edge. He is approached by a tough talking woman on a horse. She introduces herself as Lady Lynn Kodhammer, daughter of Kriger, Baron of Redwater. She accuses Ian of trespassing, but Ian convinces her that he means no harm.
- Logan Gravenor, traveling under the alias, Drake Cromwell, has been trailing a small Zhent caravan in secret for a tenday. He has heard a rumor that the caravan’s master, Markuth Hilmaster, is in possession of a book that he raided from the tomb near Waterdeep. The tomb contained the remains of St. Omicidio. The saint’s book is said to contain the location of the secret fortress monastery of Ukisor. The monastery where Logan’s grandfather was taught the ways of the hawk and the shadow.
- Kaldur meets up with Lynn and Ian on the road and they learn that he is looking for information on Eli the half-Woeden (his mentor). Lynn also learns of the crater in the woods and tells them that thye must discuss this matter with her father at once.
- Dorn arrives at the temple and finds that the High Priestess is taking her evening meal. He is told to wait and pray at a shrine to Torm nearby. There he meets Ahbinav, after speaking briefly, they are about to go their separate ways when Davros stalks up to them. He is in a rage for being allowed to sleep for so long. He conscripts Ahbinav to take part in his mission and heads to the temple of Torm as quickly as his old, wounded body can take him.
- Upon arriving at the temple, Selona speaks with them in secret. She tells them that, though she has no proof, the Zhents are in league with church of Bane; Bhaal assassins have been seen within the city walls; and she believes that something cataclysmic is about to happen. Finally, she tells them that a star has fallen from the heavens and a great flash of light, and thunderous noise, was heard to the west of Hill’s Edge. Davros, considerably angry that nothing has been done to investigate the fallen star, says that they must ride out at once. He rushes back toward the Clanking Tankard to get his pack.
- Logan sneaks into Markuth’s chambers and steals the Tome of St. Omicidio from his desk, along with a small stack of other papers. Markuth wakes up as Logan is about to escape. Logan leaps out the window after throwing down caltrops which Markuth impales himself on. Leaping over the wall and running down the street, Logan takes a turn down an alley. Wrong friggin’ alley.
- Logan is ambushed by a group of Shadowhawk assassins who have been trailing him for weeks. Massively outnumbered, Lucas, Logan’s treacherous brother, will finally triumph. That is, if they did not attract the attention of Ser Davros, Ahbinav and Dorn.
- Still against tough odds, the Tormish knights and Logan battle the assassins and slay them, but not before Lucas stabs Davros with a poisoned blade and flees. Davros dies and is taken to the Cry of Joy where the Lliiran priests will give him a proper burial. His dying wish to Dorn and Ahbinav is to find and eliminate the Bane threat to Hill’s Edge.
- Dorn, Ahbinav and Logan retrieve Davros’ effects from the Clanking Tankard and ride off into the night toward Redwater.
- Kaldur and Ian meet with Kriger Kodhammer, Lord of Redwater. He is quite old and a bit frail, but he still has his wits about him and is a good natured man found of carousing. He is feasting tonight for the festival of Greengrass. He speaks of how his son has gone of to war with the king and that Lynn’s mother died in childbed. He is concerned about the fallen star and the attention it might attract from the Zhents whom he very much distrusts.
- Lord Kriger tells Kaldur that he knew Eli well and was his friend. He has not seen him for many years, since the battle of the Redwater; the bloody battle at Kodhammer ford, for which the village is named. That was 15 years ago. He also tells Kaldur and Ian that bandits have made off with almost all of the Kodhammer’s seed grain. They have almost nothing to plant this coming spring. He asks Kaldur to find the bandits and return his grain.
- The drinking and carousing continues late into the night. Kaldur and Ian meet a very drunk Friar Aramar Blackroot. He convinces them to return to the village of Redwater with him to sing, dance and drink mead (which he made and raised the bees for) with the young peasant girls. He promptly passes out on the village green shortly after they reach Redwater.
- During the festivities Kaldur spots the outline of several riders silhouetted against the starlit sky moving quickly toward the forest.