Edran Braymeer the Younger (Son of Baron Braymeer of Lerigkarr)
Jarl Gedron Liddelhauk (Jarl of Redenhauk)
Acolyte Vistana (Priestess of Lliira)
Selona Caseldown (High Priestess of Lliira)
Jareth Briarhawk (Lucky Footman)
Baron Kriger Kodhammer (Baron of Redwater)
Friar Aramar Blackroot (Friar of Ilmater)
Taureau Vilguerre (Sheriff of Redwater)
Jarl Vindal Whitehart The Lesser (Jarl Whitehart the lesser of Vaggarguard)
Mirtul 14th-15th, 1358 DR.
Encounter 1: The Battle of Redwater (Dire Wolf, 4 Worgs, 10 Woeden Warriors). Supported by Hill’s Edge soldiers and having to rescue/fight alongside Redwater peasants.
2 Summon Monster III Scrolls
Water Breathing Scroll
Bought and Used:
3 cure light wounds potions (-150 gp)
2 cure moderate wounds scrolls (-300 gp)
2 lesser restoration scrolls (-300 gp)
2 magic weapon scrolls (-50 gp)
1 shield of faith scroll (-25 gp)
- Celestial Porpoise. That is all. …there might have also been a battle and a bridge collapse.
- Knighted at HIll’s Edge by Jarl Liddelhauk. Swearing this oath: “I here swear fealty and do homage to the Crown of the Sunset Vale; to ever be a good knight and true, reverent and generous, shield of the weak, obedient to my liege-lord, foremost in battle, courteous at all times, champion of the right and the good. Thus swear I, (your name).”
- Ride out at daybreak with a hundred knights and horsemen. Pass a steady stream of refugees on the road as you head west.
- Learn that Kaldur’s clan, the Crannblacks have not sided with the Woeden horde led by the Great Wolf. His clan was devastated in the war to unite the clans.
- Approach Redwater and find that a band of Woeden marauders numbering nearly two hundred and supported by worgs are razing the town.
- You charge with the one hundred and slay and scatter the marauders. You fight alongside Jareth Brairhawk, a common footman who manages to not only survive the battle but deliver the killing blow to the dire wolf.
- You heal the injured and comfort the grieving at Redwater. Baron Kodhammer, the sheriff and the friar are still alive. Lynn was not in Redwater. Kriger believes she is at Vaggarguard.
- You ride with the eighty that survived the battle to Vaggarguard. You see a vast field of fires across the River Reaching. The horde has over five thousand warriors and they are supported by hill giants.
- A massive battering ram manned by giants smashes the gate of the eastern tower and boulders flung by catapults.
- Jarl Whitehart has been assassinated and the ring of Stenjatten has been stolen. The burden tower has been taken and the eastern tower will soon fall. The size of the Woeden force and the siege engines will require the bridge. They must wake Stenjatten and destroy the bridge, but to do this they need the ring. They must recover the ring and use it to destroy vaggerguard.
- Jarl Whitehart died under strange circumstances, he was slain by his most trusted servant who was found dead in the cellars a day later. The siege went the same way. A trusted guard captain opened the gate to the WOeden in the dead of night. He was slain and when he was, his appearance changed to that of a strange metal creature. It was only by chance that the guards managed to hold the burden for a day and then muster aid while manning the eastern tower.
- You come up with a plan to find the ring of Stenjatten and cross the river at dawn, cleverly using your water breathing scroll to cross without peril. There was talk of a celestial porpoise but none was seen.
- You manage to fool the guards and get into the enemy camp. You use Locate object to find the ring in the tent of a Woeden chieftain.
- Kaldur summons two celestial bears to create a diversion and you all enter the tent.
- At the same time the gate of the eatern tower is smashed open and the horde rushes into the breach.
- You find the ring on the table and kill the chieftain’s guards. The chieftain holds his own and chases you as you run with the rushing horde.
- When in the center of the bridge, Ian places the ring onto the giant stone statue’s hand and the great bridge of Vaggarguard collapses with Ian, Kaldur and Dorn still on it.
- Everything goes black as the cold water of the River Reaching swirls around you.