Mirtul 20-22nd, 1358 DR.
Encounter 1: 2 Owlbears
Encounter 2: 1 Wraith
- Map to the Crannblacks
- 4 owl bear cubs
- through prayer, Anocumo is blessed by his ancestors and his sword becomes a +1 blade.
- The characters rest and recover their strength at Blackhill Motte. Kaldur hunts to provide food for everyone, including the children. Anocumo prays to his ancestors and his sword becomes infused with magical power.
- The characters decide to follow the companions of the chieftain’s son. They believe that some of the Woeden are trying to ally themselves with the Vale.
- They track the Woeden for a day through the wilderness. They find another Woeden dead body hung up in a tree. He has been killed with one expert strike to the neck. The tracks indicate that the remaining three Woeden have split up. One has gone northeast, two have gone southeast.
- Nefertiti uses speak with animal to ask a robin, whose nest was in the tree the Woeden was hung in, what has taken place. The robin describes a Wolfson clansman heading north and a Jattari and Blacksnake heading south. The robin describes the killer as a shadowy figure that strikes from above.
- The characters make camp nearby and during the night they are attacked by a pair of owlbears. They slay them and find their lair which contains four owlbear cubs. Kaldur hunts on their behalf through the night to provide the fur growing cubs with a hundred pounds of food per day.
- They follow the Wolfson tracks for the rest of the day toward Wyldehorn Castle. They find signs that the Wolfson was attacked but changed into wolf form and managed to escape with his life.
- After another day of travel through the Wildwood, while Kaldur is out hunting, he is darted from above by the masked assassin and loses consciousness. After several hours of Kaldur being overdue the party goes looking for him.
- Kaldur awakens bound wrist and ankle and flying above the forest at night. He is being held aloft by Lucas Gravenor (though Kaldur doesn’t know this, having never met the man). They land in a nearby clearing and Lucas proposes that Kaldur join the Zhent side in this war. If he wishes to work for the assassins he is to deliver a scroll to Jarl Wyldehorn. In return, Kaldur will be richly rewarded. Is a sign of good faith, Lucsa gives Kaldur a map showing the last known location of his people, the Krannblacks. Lucas unbinds Kaldur and flies away.
- The characters meet up again and Kaldur tells them all what has happened. Nefertiti is able to determine that the scroll has a strong necromantic aura. Ahbinav is suspcious of Kaldur’s story.
- The next morning the characters reach Wyldehorn Castle and are greeted by the hosue guards. They fidn that their reputation has preceded them. They have earned much renown in the Vale in the short time they have spent here.
- They meet with Jarl Cedric Wyldehorne, a nobleman with some elven blood in him. He tells the characters that they have captured the Wolfson and are holding him in the dungeons. The characters convince the Jarl that they should be allowed to meet with him.
- They meet with the Woeden, whose name is Harrock, in the dungeons. He says that he and a few others do not agree with Greatwolf and believe that this war is folly. He has hidden a scroll containing vital Woeden intelligence and will reveal its location if the characters can guarantee his safety. He says he will only reveal it if the Jarl gives his word on that.
- The captain of the guard of Wyldehorn will not allow the prisoner to leave his cell. Kaldur arranges for the Jarl to meet with the prisoner in the dungeon. The Jarl agrees to this.
- As the Jarl begins to speak with Harrock the trap is sprung. The magic scroll that Kaldur was carrying begins to billow out dark black mist and a wraith takes shape. It attacks the nearest target, the prisoner Harrock.
- The characters manage to stop the wraith before it can kill Harrock but not before the Wyldehorn guards react to the traitor that has made an attempt on the life of the Jarl.
- The dungeon doors close as the characters try to figure out what to do next.