Mirtul 30-Kythorn 3, 1358 DR.
No combat encounters
- Sneak into the sage Alakar Whitetree’s tower south of the market trying to find evidence of his involvement with the Zhents. None was found.
- Bring Alakar to the Merchant Lord Highwall’s residence where they realize that Drey Guldrhein was a dragon they imprisoned.
- The city guards are looking for you at the caravan.
- You leave Scornubel, sneaking out of the city with Dorn in a sack, Logan in disguise and Kaldur as a dog.
- Meet up with the caravan outside the city. Meet Farvaro, Rory (watershed’s son) and the other 12 guards, 20 horses, 24 oxen and 6 wagons. They are carrying a shipment of paper, fine wood, ink and elven wine.
- During the night a powerful thunderstorm causes a tree to fall on a wagon, nearly killing a man and scattering the horses. Kaldur manages to calm and herd the panicked horses while Logan and Dorn rescue and heal the man crushed by the tree. While the storm raged Dorn swears he saw Drey far afield.
- The next morning they repair the wagon and make it to the small motte and bailey settlement of Triel. A man with a very large, elaborate hat adorned with an ostrich plume is perched over the main gate. He addresses you, Farvaro and Rory as Elvar the Grain Lord, ruler of Triel. He is a very odd man who is constantly asking you questions. He will not let you pass his gates until you have answered them to his satisfaction. He is called the grain lord because of the giant silos of grain he possesses. He is obsessed with having enough food at all times.
- You eat dinner with Elvar while his strange daughter, Ghenna, plays the lyre and sings. Elvar relates a tale of how he was a merchant sailor on the Sword Coast until one day he was swept out to sea with no means of controlling the ship. They were adrift for so long that they had to resort to cannibalism. Elvar was the sole survivor.
- You manage to trade informate with Elvar to get him to adopt the orphans of Redwater. He agrees as long as you deliver the children to him personally.
- Elvar has much news of the realm. Hill’s Edge is about to fall and more Woeden gather everyday. They number almost ten thousand now. Lord Jattelan marches north. The king is on his way back to the realm. Orcs roam the Woedland in great numbers and have been seen south of the Trade Way.
- That night Ghenna brings you to your rooms. Some say she has the gift of second sight and she tells you each what she sees.
- To Dorn she says “The lion comes to the sea to save all.”
- To Kaldur she says “The great lord falls on his altar in the black fortress where the moon meets the sea.”
- To Logan she says “There are three masters. The closest is the weakest but the most dangerous. I weep for the Vale.”
- You each dream. Kaldur dreams of smoke rising from a forest and far in the distance there is the roar of a great beast. Logan dreams of his dead brother surrounded by swirling drops of blood and then a dark and stormy sky and underneath is a bridge that Logan recognizes as Boareskyr Bridge over a river of blood. Dorn dreams of a lion headed man racing over water with a sword of light towards a great city on the shore.
- The next morning a tired and fearful Rory tells a tale of how a dead man sat in the chair in his room and he swears it was the king.
- On the road the next day you encounter a group of twenty pilgrims of Ilmater and two knights hospitaler, members of the Companions of the Noble Heart, Ser Beglos and Ser Jarren. Many are wounded. They were attacked by a large raiding party of orcs a day ago. They killed many and made off about 20 pilgrims. Belgos and Jarren request your aid in finding the orcs and rescuing the pilgrims. If you manage to rescue the pilgrims you are to take them to Haven Hill, a monastery of Ilmater north of the Trade Way, near the Forest of Wyrms.
- You set off and pick up the orcs trail. Using Woeden magic you spur your horses on to supernatural speed and quickly catch up with the orcs.
- You find forty orcs and their worg mounts surrounding the pilgrims under the eves of the Forest of Wyrms.