Herondus Walgrave, Zhent Wizard, apprentice (deceased)
Miken, Zhent Guard (deceased)
Taureau Vilguerre, Sheriff of Redwater
Samus Stonegavel, Thybald Stonegavel, Timor Stonegavel, Thymin Stonegavel, Thyval Stonegavel and Kreeg Stonegavel, Angry Farmers
The Black Stag
Mirtul 1st, early morning, 1358 DR.
Encounter 1: Anocumo and the Zhents vs. the Wolves
Encounter 2: Kaldur and Ian vs. the Stonegavels
Encounter 3: The party and the sheriff vs. eight wolves
Small bag containing 70 gp
Silver Medallion (worth 70 gp)
Masterwork Elven Ivory Handled Silver Dagger (worth 400 gp).
- Anocumo is travelling through the night. He was seconded to the Zhent Wizard Herondus Walgrave (apprentice to the Lord of Darkhold). Prior to that he a pact with the Zhents in Hill’s Edge and has been working for them as a caravan guard. He longs to be free from the Zhents, they are cruel, corrupt and without honor.
- They approach the Reaching Wood and soon find the Starfall Crater. The mage can barely contain his excitement (and lets the name Sememon slip) and has the guards gather every trace of the debris.
- A winter squall suddenly springs up and the Zhents are attacked by giant pack of wolves. The wolves are under the command of a large scythe bearing figure in the distance that appears to have a set of antlers springing from its head. The Zhents fight bravely but there are just too many wolves. All are slain accept for Anocumo, who only clings to life.
- Kaldur and Ian party with the villagers in Redwater and learn that they are a suspicious lot who fear the reaching wood. They all seem to know about the theft of Lord Kodhammer’s grain and are worried about the fate of Redwater. A new sheriff has been sent from Iraebor to collect the taxes.
- An angry family of peasant farmers, the Stonegavels, have been drinking all day and hate Woeden. They try to beat down Kaldur but he defends himself and Ian joins the brawl. Ian fires a bolt from his hand crossbow through the leg of one of the brothers and Kaldur (despite toppling a keg on himself) beats down the stonegavels.
- As the fight is wrapping up, the sheriff, Taureau Vilguerre, returns from the festivities at Hammerhall and puts a stop to the brawl and plans to haul them all off to jail.
- Ahbinav and Dorn (and Logan, though you can’t see him because he’s a ninja) arrive just as the sheriff does. A few minutes later a Zhent distress flare flies over the forest and the sheriff deputizes them all to ride out to the rescue. If they agree to help they will not be arrested for brawling.
- They ride into the woods and find the Starfall Crater. All debris has been removed and there are only a few trace remnants of what transpired there and a barely alive Anocumo, that Ahbinav, the paladin, heals.
- They find they are not alone. With a flash of lightning and a clap of thunder the wolves attack. After a furious battle the players emerge victorious. During the fighting, Ian is cut to the bone, revealing that his forearm is made of some sort of metal. In the distance, they see the Antlered man moving off into the woods with Herondus’ Bag of Holding.
- The sheriff and the adventurers return to Redwater and the Taureau offers them lodging in his jail, as guests, not as inmates.
Begin Day Two…