Mirtul 8th-9th, 1358 DR.
Encounter 1: Incapacitate the sleeping guard (1 Zhent Fighter)
Encounter 2: The battle in the great hall and grand entrance (Markuth Hilmaster and 6 Zhent Fighters)
Encounter 3: Reinforcements arrive (3 Zhent Fighters)
Encounter 4: The fight upstairs (2 Zhent Fighters in the hallway, 2 Zhent Fighters on the stairs)
Encounter 5: Face off against Markuth (Markuth Hilmaster)
- GO UP A LEVEL! LEVEL 3!
- Netherese War Blade, Bastard Sword +1 (2335 gp)
- Cloak of Resistance +1 (1000 gp)
- Amulet of Natural Armor +1 (2000 gp)
- Gauntlets of Ogre Power (4000 gp)
- Coin Purse with 200 Moonsea Crowns (200 gp)
- Used 8 Cure Light Wounds Potions (-400 gp)
- Assaulted the Zhents that had taken over Hammer Hall.
- Fighting a pitched battle, the characters kill ten Zhent soldiers and Markuth retreats up the stairs. All the characters hold their own, though not without suffering serious injuries.
- A Zhent alarm horn sounds from the watchtower and a women’s scream is heard from the second floor.
- The characters stealth and then assault the guards upstairs and stop reinforcements as they arrive. Dorn, in an enlarged form, blocks the stairs and, using his greatsword, utterly destroys two guards as they advance.
- The characters confront Markuth. He is holding Lord Kodhammer at knife point in his bedchamber. Lynn is unconscious on the floor and two of his servants are dead. Ian stealthily climbs out a window in an adjacent bedroom and climbs in behind Markuth. The characters make a coordinated attack and Ahbinav disarms Markuth. Lord Kodhammer falls to the floor, unharmed.
- Markuth, gripped by fear and desperation, loses control and changes form into a werewolf. He snarls about the power that the Great Wolf has given him and flings himself out of the window. He is last seen running into the night, leaving behind all his magical gear.
- With a Zhent patrol about to return, the characters hastily decide to inform Lord Ryttermarg in Hill’s Edge of what has taken place. They take horses from Lord Kodhammer’s stables and escape with an unconscious Lynn Kodhammer. Lord Kodhammer bids them farewell, saying that he will be forever grateful for what they have done.
- A few hours of travel later, Lynn wakes up and tells them of a secret Harper cache in a grove of trees nearby. The characters resupply and Lynn rides off into the night to inform Vaggarguard of the Woeden threat.
- The characters prepare to finish their journey to Hill’s Edge.