Mirtul 13th, 1358 DR.
Encounter 1: The Bane Priestess and her minions (Cleric level 6, 2 fighters level 4, 2 hell hounds)
Encounter 2: Six Headed Hydra
- GO UP A LEVEL! LEVEL 4!
- Short Bow +1
- Light Mace + 1
- The Blade of Bellarias (Greatsword +2)
- Morcrucis (Long Sword +2)
- Dagger +2
- Ring of Protection + 1
- (2) scrolls of Summon Monster III
- Scroll of Water Breathing
- Scroll of Bestow Curse
- Adamant Bane Holy Symbol
- 200 platinum pieces (2000 gp)
- 1000 gp worth of gold inlay from destroyed portal
- 1100 gold pieces
- Sneak through the compound and disable three sleeping guards.
- Fought the Bane Priestess. she summons hellhounds from a portal to the Nine Hells. In her dying breath she crushes the crystal that was controlling the hydra.
- The characters destroy the altar to Bane.
- Rescued Selona Caseldown from the torture chamber. she heals and blesses the characters.
- Emerge from the Underdark into the burning ruin of the Zhent Compound. Many townsfolk and livestock have been killed or eaten and many more Zhents are dead.
- Fought the Hydra rampaging through the streets of Hill’s Edge
- Knighted by the Jarl of Hill’s Edge.
- The Jarl decrees that all Zhents are to be arrested on sight.
- Receive word that a massive host of Woeden have attacked the fortress of Vaggarguard and have smashed the outer wall. Vaggarguard has called for all aid.
- The Jarl will hold a brief ceremony this evening to commemorate their knighthood while his troops are mustered.
- And then, Gentlemen, to bed! For you leave at first light. Tomorrow you battle and you may lose your lives. But remember, death is but a moment. Cowardice is a lifetime of affliction. To bed, for you rise at daybreak!