Nightal 12, 1358 DR
Encounter 1: 3 Chain Demons in the cursed hall
Encounter 2: 6 Gnolls and a Mimic
Encounter 3: Jarl Hoarfrost, 2 Displacer Beasts and 6 Gnolls
- 2500 gold pieces
- 2500 gp in gems and jewelry
- Vial of Universal Solvent
- Vial of Oil of Slipperiness
- Hoarfrost’s Belt pouch and its contents:
- Iron Bell Engraved with Runes in Deep Gnomish
- Giant Sized Smoking Pipe and Blue Moonweed
- A Live Chicken
- A Sack of Salt
- 4 Beads of Force
- As you make your way down the long cold hall of the fortress with the bellows of the mountain troll echoing in your ears you come to a barred door. It is scrawled with symbols in a strange script. Reif calls upon his magic to understand their meaning. It is two words written in gnollish; DANGER, DEMONS. Not wishing to return and fight the troll, you unbar the door and press on.
- The narrow hall ahead is filled with chains, many look old and are covered in rust, but some are clean and shiny. You avoid them as best you can but accidentally get too close one of the clean ones. A blue flash and an arc of crackling lightning sends you into terrible spasms. In a room ahead you see three beings appear in pulsing light. Kytons (chain devils) approach and the chains begin to writhe like serpents. A hard fight, but you win it.
- You come to a room covered in riddles and answers written by the Shadowhawks. You answer them and the door opens before you, revealing a room with three treasure chests. You find the remains of one unfortunate thief stuck fast to a pile of treasure in an open chest. You surmise that similar traps await in the other two chests and successfully disarm one and ignore the other, determining that it is a mimic.
- You proceed into a corridor and encounter a pack of gnolls brandishing cruel blades. You fight them off and follow their trail back to a large door where you hear the deep voice of a large creature shouting at yipping gnolls. “Intruders?! Find them! Kill them! Gather the war band!” You do no wait for the war band to muster.
- Bursting into the large room you find a frost giant on a throne of bitter cold iron. He is flanked by displacer beasts that lounge on the dais, snarling as the bolt up when the door flies open. In front of the giant, gnolls howling for blood.
- It is a tough fight and a very narrow but epic victory. You vanquish the frost giant Hoarfrost and his retainers. Then you must run. The warband is hot on your trail. You make your way for the upper halls.