Nightal 25-27, 1358 DR
Encounter 1: The Elemental Guardian in Truce Grove (1 Huge Fire Elemental)
Encounter 2: The blacksmith and his sons (3 Blashemes)
Encounter 3: Shilindria and her guardsmen (20 Human Guards) – neutralized, not killed
- GAIN A FEAT!
- The Raven Sword (Long sword +2, grants Darkvision 60’)
- The Aegis of Dorn
- Hidden on that distant hill you observe the movements of the undead below. Three Dracoliches soar in the putrefied air above the city. Dorn’s keen eyes recognize one, the red, it is Balariax. In wide arcs behind him are a blue and a black, what names they bore in life, you do not know. From out of the ruins of the city’s north gate an army is on the march. Great columns of black armored troops march through the new fallen snow and ash. A host of thousands is heading west.
- Stealthily you approach the city from the north. Crossing the field of dead you find thousands of carrion birds feasting on those corpses too far destroyed to be raised. You approach a small grove of trees. The Sull bannermen heard legend of a hidden entrance into the city there. Truce grove this place is called. It was here that the four great houses of the Vale ceased being warring tribes and united.
- In the center of this grove, you find a large standing stone. You pool your efforts to undue the arcane and mundane locks and wards that protect it. The guardian of the entrance will not let you pass so easily. A great being of arcane fire erupts from the stone and attacks you. You defeat it.
- You pass through a long, narrow tunnel until you emerge inside the city. You come to a trap door. the air is thick with the smell of manure and horses. You are beneath a stables and a horse is standing on the trapdoor. Alan uses his ability to speak with animals and convinces the horse to move. You are in the noble ward in the stables of house Harrowgate.
- Reif notices that the Claw of Boareskyr has begun to glow faintly. He casts misdirection on it, for the other artifact must be near and the one who possesses the horn knows you must be approaching.
- As you explore you find that you are not alone. A stableboy watches you from the hayloft. You convince him to come down and learn that his name is Narro and that he thinks everyone else has gone. You provision him and give him a sealed message to carry to the Sull bannermen through the secret tunnel.
- You sneak through the city to the Trader’s Ward and find Dorn’s armor. It is still guarded by the blacksmith and his apprentices, but they no longer live. They still want to be paid. When payment is not forthcoming, they attack. You slay them but not before having a good deal of your strength drained away.
- You make your way to the central ward of the city and opt to climb the steep escarpment and scale the walls to avoid detection up the winding switch back streets of the main boulevard. As you top the wall you find yourselves perched above the courtyard of the Jattelan estate. Near a peaceful reflecting pool below, you see Shilindria Jattelan gazing into a peaceful reflecting pool. The courtyard is well guarded. Using magical charm and sleep you manage to neutralize the guards and make your way past them.
- You find your way to the tower of the mage’s guild. It has been completely destroyed. Amongst the rubble you find the arcing remnants of the portal, and you swear you hear an electrical whirring and the grinding of gears.